Various boot making companies have their own techniques and procedures to set their own identity in the business.
Most of these companies though are making handcrafted boots which are patterned from the early practices in boot making.
Getting Familiar with Cinch
Featured here is the Cinch Company which originally makes rodeo shirts and jeans until a few years ago when they introduced a collection of handmade boots. What is unique about the Cinch boots is the use of basic old world boot making techniques to match their standard of quality, durability and comfort. They have a motto of building greatness one boot at a time by making traditional boots using the old fashioned way. They use the following methods/techniques in making their quality handcrafted cowboy boots:
- Hand lasting – basically the process of pulling the leather over the last or the mold over which the shoe is being constructed and attaching the leather to the sole. Now most companies use machine lasting for mass production. Cinch company stick to the old fashioned way of labor intensive hand lasting per boots
- Channel stitching –using this technique, the vamp, welt and lining are stitched to the insole. It gives a lightweight and perfect fit which is true to all the leather insole boots from Cinch Company.
- Lemonwood Peg Construction-use of 42 lemonwood pegs into each boots to lock the insole and the outsole together
- Leather- use of only the top grain leather which allows for use of the leathers natural state having the best in durability. All boots have full leather insole, leather stacked heels, and leather piping.
Caiman Boots from Cinch
Having known the principles of this company, we can tell that the Cinch Caiman Boots are of premium quality. Going back to the basics of leather boot making using exotic caiman leather is a fresh and exciting opportunity to create an original top of the line horn back caiman boots like the one we feature here.
The Men’s Hornback Caiman Burnished Buckskin Boots has the following features:
- Goat leather shaft (12”)
- Intricate stitching details on the shaft
- Pull straps
- Genuine horn back leather burnished vamp
- Leather outsole
- Square toe
The color combination of the vamp and the shaft is quite striking and appealing especially to those who prefer a lighter tone. Paired with long jeans and simple shirt, this exotic boots can best be worn casually for work or play.
Caiman alligator boots are typically made of the skin from the caiman reptile which comes from the family of crocodile and alligators. Although caiman hides are far more affordable than crocs and gators, the leather quality is top of the line exotic. The major impact on quality would be on the shoe construction which is one of the best assets of Cinch Company.